Last Updated: July 2, 2013
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways.
Information You Provide to Us. We collect information you provide directly to us, such as your name, email address, birth day, postal address, postal code, phone number, photographs, videos, social media usernames, demographic information, information about your interests and preferences, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect When You Use Our Services. We automatically collect certain information about you when you use our Services and we may tie this to information we otherwise collect about you. For example, we may collect:
- Transaction Information: When you use our kiosks, we collect information about your transaction, including but not limited to the transaction amount, date, time, and location. In some cases, we may also capture images and information using photo or video surveillance cameras installed on our kiosks.
- Log Information: When you visit our websites, some information is automatically logged, such as your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language and the sites you visited before navigating to our websites.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We may collect information by placing cookies on your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory by a website. Among other things, cookies help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features are popular and count visits to our Services. For more information, please see "Information Choices and Changes" below and our Cookies Policy
- Information Collected by Web Beacons: We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our websites or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine it with information we collect about you.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information collected through our Services for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you in connection with our Services. For example, we may use information about you to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- maintain and administer your accounts and membership profiles;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- personalize the Services and provide content and features that are targeted toward your interests;
- facilitate your relationship with third parties who offer services that you choose to use, as described in the "Sharing of Information" section below;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver your products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, notices, updates, alerts, surveys and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events and other news and information about products and services offered by Outerwall and other companies;
- detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our rights and property;
- link or combine information about you with other information we get from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you with third parties as follows:
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to such information to carry out their work for us; provided, however, that these third parties are not permitted to use or share information about you for any other purpose unless we have obtained additional consent from you;
- when you sign up for and participate in the interactive areas of our Services or third party services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly, such as your name, photos and any other information you choose to provide;
- in response to a lawful request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Outerwall or others;
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- with your consent or at your direction, for example, when you agree to our sharing information about you with third parties for their own services and marketing purposes (subject to their separate privacy policies).
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
Some of the links presented on our Services direct you to websites owned by third parties. If you click on those links, you will be redirected to a third party’s website, where a third party may collect information about you. Please refer to the privacy policies of the third party website providers for information about how they may collect, use and share information about you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools (e.g., a Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on the Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS
SECURITY OF INFORMATION
Outerwall takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES AND DIRECT MARKETING PREFERENCES
Account Information. You may request details about the information we store about you at any time by emailing email@example.com. If you have an online account with Outerwall, you may access, update and correct information about you by logging into your account and updating your profile information or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also email us at email@example.com if you wish to deactivate your account, but note that we may retain information about you for legitimate business purposes (e.g., to note and respect your preferences) or as required by law.
Promotional Communications and Direct Marketing. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails and text messages from Outerwall by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional messages, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. In such cases, Outerwall would not necessarily remove all information about you from our databases but we would note and respect your changed direct marketing preferences.
Cookies. Please see our Cookies Policy for information about how to manage your preferences in relation to cookies.
TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION ABROAD
Outerwall may store and process information about you in the United States and other countries. European privacy law permits the export of personal information to other countries subject to the provision of adequate levels of protection for the processing of such information. We take steps in line with applicable privacy laws to protect information that is transferred outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") where data protection standards in those countries may differ from those in the EEA.
Accordingly, to protect personal information that is transferred to the United States, Outerwall participates in the Safe Harbor program developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Union. We have certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement with respect to personal data transferred from the EU to the U.S. For more information about the Safe Harbor program and to view our certification, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor website.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Outerwall may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the "Last Updated" date above, and in some cases, we may provide you with more prominent notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review the Policy to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.